Saturday, July 22, 2006

To dye or not to dye?

Today I was thinking of dye-ing my hair. Wanted to do something weird with my hair besides cutting it really short all the time. I never really want to spend so much time and money to make some funky hairstyle or to colour it or straighten it or curl it or to do whatever possible things you can do with your own hair. It's just not... me. Anyway, I was in the mood to actually do something with my hair. I thought highlighting it was pretty cool, cheap and fast. Being the "kiam siap" fella I am, heck with the hair saloon and take the cheapest way, buy the dye from Watson and DIY!
No 1 problem was what colour wouldn't be so horrifying if anything goes wrong and not so subtle either if it goes right. Difficult choice --> Blond? Red? Ah Lian? Ah Beng? Hmmm... In the end I settled with a colour called deep burgundy.
Problem no 2: Who do I trust to be my own personal hair-dye-er? My hair is in your hands... Obviously I chose a girl to do the job coz I can't find any guy friends who acted gay enough to be considered as a hairstylist or a good taste in hair sytling.
Problem no 3: Read all the the instructions given inside the box. Cut a portion of your hair, dye it and wait for 48 hours. What the.... My hair is being lab-tested! I'm not gonna wait 2 days just to see how the colour look like on a portion on my hair!! Skipped it. Test a little bit of dye on scalp (or was it skin?) and wait for 48 hours. Allergic reaction. It's like doing investigations on myself to rule out my differential diagnoses. What next? Imaging of my skull for any fractures? Skipped that too. ok, yadda yadda yadda. Let's just do it!


After sitting my ass off, with weird shapes and sizes of aluminium foils on my head, it's result time...... not much difference. Damn! My friend said maybe more dye should do the trick. I gave her the green light. Ok, after a few more butt sores, let's take a look. Does these







look anything like this colour??!!

No! None! Elek! Takda! Nadda!
*grumble* grumble* grumble* ok, maybe a little bit on the fringe.
Well, at least my hair didn't turn out to be a disaster like these sexy ladies!

No comments: